Saturday, October 1, 2011

Some Craziness with Lots of Laughter in Between

All I can say is that I am so very thankful for my friends and family!!! I have some really special people in my life that are always there for me whether it's to celebrate good times or help me through the bad times. I am so blessed to have you all in my life!! As a mom, it is comforting to know that my kids may not think I'm the nicest person now but when they are grown I hope we have the same relationship that I have with my parents. I love my parents! My friends are also always there to listen or make me laugh. Can't forget my team....they may give me a few grey hair but they keep me young and keep me laughing! As you can see in the picture above they are always doing something goofy like cropping our wonderful manager in our team picture. :)
I know the above picture is a little random but I thought it was neat cause it had my comment about my team along with the tweet about Bailey's honor. So proud of my team!
This week started out fine....I got to watch Logan play some football during recess as I was making my way to the lower school. I had a full day, practice with my team and then headed to Kansas' soccer practice. Trinity's team didn't have practice but she decided to get some goalie practice with Kansas' team. She was doing awesome!! Kansas' coach complimented her and then the next ball hit funny off her hand and the rest of my Monday was spent in the ER.
Poor thing broke her radius in her right arm. So this is break #3 for my family in the last 9 months. Logan's elbow, my thumb and now Trinity's arm! Hopefully 3 will be our lucky number and everyone else will stay unbroken! :)
On Wednesday Gene and I took her to Dr. Binzer's office to get her cast. He hooked her up with a red, waterproof one so she can shower!! Of course now it has signatures all over it! :) She will be out about 6 weeks unfortunately.
So you could only imagine by Friday I was ready for some laughter. My team went 2-0 this week and us coaches decided it was a good time to enjoy some happy hour! Gene joined Whitney, JP and Shantel and I at Mi Cocina. We had a great time....haven't laughed that much in a long time!
Yes, another random picture in my post but it made me think of some people in my family that will remain nameless :) and it made me laugh!

Glad my hubby could join us at happy hour. We don't get out much at all....our schedules are just too crazy! Our kids were at school enjoying movie night so we took advantage it!! Today we will be heading to Kansas' soccer game and then it's laundry time for me! :) Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Jen S. said...

WOW girl-- things are super busy with you!

I'm sorry to hear about Kansas' injury! Hopefully you guys are all done with breaks...for good!!

That's awesome the adults got to enjoy some time going out...sometimes we just need that!

Loved what you posted about the wine...made me chuckle! I ♥ it :)