Thursday, August 13, 2009

HAPPY 11th ANNIVERSARY!!


Galveston 8-14-98
When there's age around my eyes
And gray in your hair
And it only takes a touch
To recall the love we shared
I won't take for granted
You'll know my love is true
Cause each night in your arms
I'll whisper to you
I'll give you my heart
Faithful and true
And all the love it can hold
That's all I can do
Cause I've thought about
How long I'll love you
And it's only fair that you know
Forever's as far as I'll go
~Alabama

San Diego 2009
It's hard to believe it was 11 years ago that Gene and I became Husband and Wife in Galveston. Just like that beautiful island, Gene and I have gone through our own storms in our marriage. Even though they were tough to deal with, they have definitely made us stronger. I have a card that has been on my fridge since the day we returned home after getting married. It is from a friend and his wife. The reason I have kept it on my fridge is because what our friends wrote on the inside. It says "May the Lord Jesus bless you! May he reveal himself to you. May he give you both wisdom and grace day by day to strengthen your marriage. May he fill you with peace and joy." It reminds me of the reason we have strength and that is because we both love the Lord and put Him first. Marriage is not easy and I am sure we will encounter some more bumps along the way but we are blessed to have an awesome God that we can turn to for help. He has blessed me with a wonderful man who takes such good care of me....even when I'm moody! He makes me laugh....even after 11 long years of marriage... :) He is the most loving and devoted father to our 3 beautiful children. At the end of the day whether it was a good day or bad day, I know my husband is there for me and loves me unconditionally. I am so very thankful for him. He may still not know where the laundry basket is or clean up after he barbeques but I guess I can let that stuff slide because he loves me...with my type-a personality and all!! Happy Anniversary to my sweet husband. I love you!!



Forever Yours,

1 comment:

Mrs. Chantel Harris said...

Congrats on 11 years!! Any marriage, advice please send it my way :)