Thursday, May 14, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - Guest Room



So exciting..it's Kelly's Korner- Show Us Where You Live Friday and it's Guest Room time! We don't really have an actual guest room but we do have a space that holds the family when they come and visit. When we have no visitors, it holds our lovely, English Bulldog, Gracie Lee.


See...I told you...Gracie has claimed the futon but it is also the only couch she is allowed to sit on....I don't do well with dog hair. I am constantly sweeping to make sure I don't see any. Sorry but it's just something I inherited from my Mom's side of the family.

This is the view looking into my husband's office. Yes, you see the dog's kennel in there...appropiate place I think! Apparently Gracie felt the need to be in yet another picture. That is my messy desk in the back....please ignore the Mayhem that is going on...ugh!

Here is a view of the entertainment center...the kids usually play video games on this tv or watch movies. I think we are one of the few people left to not own a flat screen. I would love one but there are so many other things I want to spend my money on....(new home in the country perhaps) not to mention all of our tv's still work just fine! My wall is pretty bare but since we painted, I don't want to put any more holes in the wall since we are moving soon.....remember...the house in the country! :)

Now I know this isn't my guest room but I had to display this sad picture....no, it's not sad because my son is upset that he can't get an M&M off the dirty floor to eat, it is sad because my precious bag of M&M's fell violently to the floor and there were not many survivors. It is a very sad day for me....wasted chocolate....it's just tragic! Please take a moment of silence for the chocolate that could have been.....on my hips. Well I hope everyone enjoyed my "not so much" guest room. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Girl, Eat them ANYWAY!

Danielle said...

I love that you have a transitional room. That way you have a space for guests when they come but it still gets used when you don't have any guests. You have a beautiful family! The poor chocolate and your poor hips being deprived! Ha!

Unknown said...

since you said you sweep constantly, then you should definitely eat those m&ms :-) thanks for having us!

Jen S. said...

Hi Amanda!
Your post cracked me up! The M&M's on the floor is just tragic... what a sad, sad day!
Oh, and the picture of Gracie chillin' is very cute!
Your guestroom looks nice.. thanks for sharing and thanks for the laugh about the chocolate, very funny!
~Jen

Jen S. said...

P.S.
I forgot to mention that I love the "WATTS" letters...so cute!
~Jen

The Stain Family said...

I think we have the same coffee table?! :) Got my for $20 at a yardsale, many years ago. I've been thinking of painting it distressed black.

And it is a very sad day when chocolate goes to waste...sniff, sniff