Sunday, March 8, 2009

No More Snoozin....


This is one of my new shoes....I love Sauconys..
they are great running shoes. Can you believe
I had to get a 10 1/2...yikes!

The kids playing at the playground by our house.

My 3 musketeers....

Riding their bikes on the trail while daddy and I
got our jog on... :)

The lent season is upon us and I have decided I would give up hitting the snooze button....no, really I'm serious. A couple of weeks ago I would hit it at least 3 times and then would rush around the entire morning trying to get myself ready as well as the hubby and kids...no bueno! Since giving up the snooze button...I thought I would make use of my extra time awake....so I mentioned to Gene that I would like to start running in the mornings around our cul-de-sac while the kids sleep. He thought it was a great idea and so we began our new "morning ritual". We used to run/rollerblade before we had kids....Gene would run and I would rollerblade so I could keep up with him. I mean he was a State Champ in cross country so I needed all the help I could get. I remember him running up hills as he drug me behind him. Then we had child 1,2,3 and a hip replacement and now we are finally getting back into it, together. Since I was in desperate need of some new "running" shoes, Gene took me to The Runner Store in Arlington. They hooked me up with some great Saucony shoes and I couldn't wait to try them out. Since it was the weekend, we decided to bring the kids along...they rode their bikes while we ran. We stopped at the park that is on the trail in our neighborhood....what a beautiful day. If you are trying to find something to help get your day started on a good note, there is nothing like passing on the snooze button and getting a little blood pumping with a little exercise.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OLD SCHOOL
Logan and his new hat....he is so "Old School"
well at least that is what HE tells his dad and I.
We had to get him a new shirt for picture day
before we got my shoes and I couldn't pass on
the hat.
I know he is 5 and HEAVY and some people
may say too big to hold but he is my baby.
I want to hold him as long as I can. When he
is in a snuggle mood...I jump at the chance to
snuggle.

No comments: