Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Daily Devotional

My Uncle Glen sends me these devotionals everyday and I enjoy reading them. Many times I feel as though they were written just for me. God is good!! I thought I would pass this message along to all my friends and family that follow my blog. Many Blessings~ amanda
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, September 30
Walk the Pipe
Righteousness will go before Him, and shall make His footsteps our pathway.
Psalm 85:13
Recommended Reading
Isaiah 30:18-22


A young boy growing up in Zimbabwe had an interesting friend who taught him much about life, God, and overcoming his fears, namely heights. The challenge was for the boy to walk across a water pipe that stretched out over a valley. He started out fine, but when the ground beneath him started to get farther away, fear gripped him and he turned around. He did this several times until eventually his friend offered to walk two steps ahead of him. Though the boy could not touch or hold onto him, he fixed his eyes on his friend's back and before he knew it, he had walked the entire length of the pipe.*
Sometimes in life it feels like the ground is getting farther and farther away from us and we begin to fear taking the next step. God however, has told us that if we walk in His way, it will be well with us and we will experience blessing (Deuteronomy 5:33). If you keep turning back to your old ways because you are afraid of what lies ahead, just remember that God is always ahead of you and has left His footprints as a guide. Fix your eyes on Him, put your feet down in His path, and walk your way to victory and blessing.
Father, please lay down your footsteps that I may walk in your way and learn to obey.
Read-Thru-the-Bible
Mark 10:35 - 12:44

No comments: