Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Back in the Day


I posted some pictures of me as a baby and thought I should share the love with the hubby. Gene's dear, sweet friend, Fritz put these on facebook and I had to post them. Fritz met Gene when he was a young boy (above). When they met, Fritz was running a weight room out of his garage. One day he turned around to find this skinny, nappy -headed kid trying to do squats. He kicked him out of his gym-garage only to find the same nappy-headed kid back in the gym later that day. To make a long story short (and I'm a terrible story teller) Fritz started training Gene and became another father figure to him like most great coaches do. I will never forget the 1st time I met Fritz, he pulled out shoe boxes of pictures and film of Gene competing in all different races.

The picture above is from a race where Gene is obviously a little older. :) Fritz can still name the race and Gene's time by looking at the picture. Crazy huh!! :) Hope you enjoyed the trip down memory lane as much as I did. :)

No comments: