Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Things to do when you have time off....


It's very rare for me to have time off but when I do I try to enjoy time with the special people in my life. My besties Jenny and Whit and I have been trying to plan a night out. We couldn't find one to fit all of our busy schedules so we chose to make it GDO (Girls Day Out) instead of GNO! Hey...it works for me! (I blame our waiter for the poor picture quality :) We ate at On The Border after we got a fabulous manicure!
If you haven't tried the "gel" manicure...you must! Regular manicures chip after one day...well for me at least. The gel manicure is supposed to last up to 2 weeks!! So far so good....and I've been doing laundry and dishes like a mad woman! :) Can you tell which hands belong to the setter, the outside hitter and the middle blocker? :) By the way...my mom totally failed that quiz...and I have her hands!!!

We concluded our GDO by shopping of course! Whitney has never been to Kohls so since Jenny and I are Kohls Veterans, we had to take her! :) She did find 2 tops that "she had to have". Jenny found a great dress and I found a sweater and a cute red top....let's hope my hubby doesn't read this post. :) Well our GDO was a success and I hope we are able to do it again soon. I just love those 2 girlies!

Yes, these 2 are special to me as well. They just need to be thankful I let them on the couch!! :)

So that is REALLY who let them on the couch. :) Buddy and Jersey are our American Bulldogs and although they are still puppies, they are absolutely huge!! They are so funny to watch and I'm really glad they have each other.

So these stadium stairs are definitely not "special" to me by any means but where they are certainly is. Whit and I went to UTA to run stadiums so we can continue our workout regimen even though volleyball season is over. It was so strange being back on my old college campus. So many memories....I definitely miss all my college friends very much.
Well I think this if one of the very first posts that doesn't contain pictures of the kids. Don't fret...they are of course EXTRA special to me and will be enjoying this Thanksgiving holiday with Gene and I as well as the rest of my family. Can't wait to have a house full...I think. :) Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,

Aunti Vi here! Glad you got some bonding time in with the girls. I love Kohls too. Savy got a Thanksgiving outfit to wear.

Can't wait to see pics of the rest of the Texan's and your holiday photo's.

Hugs, Aunti Vi

Jen S. said...

Hi Amanda!!

So glad you had a GDO! How fun :)Love the nails! Just today I went and got my nails done, the gal was telling me about the latest, coolest thing to do....gel nails. I think it's really cool!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your wonderful family :)