Sunday, September 12, 2010

Tornado Volleyball and Shrek Baby


I took my team to Houston to play in the Texas Tornados Volleyball Tournament this weekend. Unfortunately before we left, one of my middles sprained her ankle at practice. Despite being down a starter or 2 we were ready to play. I was looking forward to the tournament but more importantly, getting to see my family. My niece, Goddaughter, Kendall came to cheer us on!! My setter said she looks like a "Shrek Baby" which I would have to agree (only she isn't green). She has the chubby cheeks and beautiful big eyes. I just adore her and I could of held her all day long.

My mom and sisters were there as well. Despite our visit being short, it was good to be with family.

As soon as my team saw Kendall, they stole her from me and took turns hanging out with their new Lil' mascot. She just loved all the attention.

My team being goofy with their new t-shirts. We finished 4th in the tourney which is pretty good considering our situation. I am proud of my girls but ready to get back in the gym and work on our weaknesses.
When I returned home at 11:30pm on Saturday, my kids were up and so excited to see me. It was a good feeling.
I have a 10 page paper due for my class so I better stop blogging and get to writing. Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Jen S. said...

Great pictures Amanda! Fun to see your awesome family and your team :)
Hope all is well!