Sunday, March 1, 2009

Raising Girls


Kansas with her straight hair


Trinity with her straight hair

I am blessed to be the mom of a handsome son and 2 beautiful girls. I love my kids and find it really interesting to see how different it is to raise them. Boys are very active and never seem to slow down. Girls are very emotional and get their feelings hurt very easily. Every night when I tuck them in, they always share with me something that went on during their day. It is our little "one on one" time for the day. I try my best to give helpful advice when needed and most of the time I just sit and listen and give them my undivided attention. Since I coach teenage girls, I have a little idea of what I am going to see when they become teenagers. Boy am I nervous!! :) My daughters are beautiful, inside and out and I pray that they are confident about who they are and realize they don't need anyone but our Heavenly Father to make them complete. I don't want them to get caught up in what the media portrays as beautiful either. For example, they have beautiful curly hair but they want their hair straight. There are so many people with board straight hair that would love to have their curls. What is the saying..."youth is wasted on the young". I wish they understood how blessed they are but I guess I will have to wait until they are older...darn! :) I don't necessarily worry about when they start dating boys....one reason is because of their dad....what boy wouldn't be intimidated? Another reason is their little brother...yeah he may be small now but he is very protective of them and he isn't going to be small very much longer! So all you boys out there better watch out! My girls are getting older and as much as I love to watch them grow, I am also sad that it is going by so fast. I love you girls!

No comments: