Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fun on Father's Day Weekend


I'm pretty sure it doesn't get much cuter than this face! We are proud to introduce you to the newest member of our family, Gene's Father's Day present, Jersey the American Bulldog. Another dog you ask....yes, that is what I am saying as we deal with the fun times of housetraining a puppy (why didn't I just say no..) but then I look at the picture above and think....what was I thinking! :) Our journey to find Jersey started at the Zoo.....

Gene wanted to take this thing home but fortunately for me, the Zoo wouldn't let us! Haha (Is it weird that when I see this picture, I want to start singing, "She's got legs....and she knows how to use them" you know...by ZZ Top!

Logan thought it would be fun to take a bird home....

and Gene thought it would be fun to scare one to death....

We decided against a bird and thought we would just compare ourselves to them...

I think the heat was getting to us by this time....

Our flamingo, Kansas took a picture next to the pink flamingos.

Trinity made friends with a turtle...

I found myself a cuddly, teddy bear.....at least I got to take mine home with me! :)

Saturday we found ourselves at Trader's Village....a GIGANTIC flea market. We haven't been in a long time and Gene has been talking about going....so off we went. Little did I know he was scheming the whole time to find us a pooch...or at least that is what I'm claiming. :)

I must say, this was one of the best weekends we have had in a long time. We didn't spend one second in a gym and we were together as a family. We hit the zoo, saw Karate Kid, Trader's Village an ended the weekend taking Gene to Red Lobster. It wouldn't have been as special if we weren't all together....I am very thankful!!!

1 comment:

Jen S. said...

Congrats on your newest addition! Jersey is so stinkin' cute!!
Loved the other pictures too of your zoo fun... what great family time :)
Have a nice day!